I cannot believe this time has FINALLY come! I am so excited to finally be working as a registered nurse (even if I haven’t officially had any patients yet lol). So my first week consisted of:
- Monday – Hospital orientation for all new employees… about the hospital, benefits, etc.
- Tuesday – EPIC chart training
- Wednesday – EPIC chart training (there is A LOT to learn)
- Thursday – Nursing skills practicum
- Friday – Med math exam, child abuse, therapeutic relationships, etc.
This next week I have one more day of hospital orientation on Tuesday and I’m on the floor the rest of the days.
- Monday – 0700-1530 shadow on my floor
- Tuesday – 0800-1630 nursing emergency day – practice code skills, CPR, EKG interpretation, etc.
- Wednesday – OFF J
- Thursday – 1900-0730 [my FIRST ever night shift #nervous]
- Friday – 2300-0730
** I am in a nurse residency that requires rotating shifts so I will be on nights for all of November.
** Also I work 80 hours per pay period (q2 weeks) so some shifts are normal 12 hours and some are 8 hours… 3 – 12 hours shifts per week only equals 72 hours bi-weekly.
Let me know if anyone has ANY tips for working night shift!
At least I wont look too tired with my amazing Younique products!
shop here —> NurseMakeup.com
xoxo Ty, the overachieving nurse